Tuesday 2 December 2008

Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail!




Today I went into town to do a small bit of Xmas shopping. Nothing much, something for my wife, and maybe some stocking presents for my 2 young girls. I knew from the time of leaving the house my trip may well be a waste of time......

Suffice to say, 2 hours later I returned home empty handed. I'd been into plenty of shops, nearly bought a few things, but in the end came back with nothing. That thought I had when I left the house, was constantly in the back of my mind.


What was this thought?
It was that I didn't really know what I was going in to buy, not specifically. I knew I needed presents, but I didn't have anything in particular in mind, and that was the downfall.


You can match this mistake with fat loss. If you don't write down, or plan exactly what you want to achieve, you are leaving yourself open to chance. You may lose a couple of pounds here and there (like I could have bought a couple of things, but not really what I wanted), but without having a plan, a target, a specific goal, you will always leave yourself open to failure.
Therefore, I shall sit down, work out what I need, and go shopping on the internet!
Plan your goals (which my clients will be doing over Xmas!) be specific with them, and set physical dates, and you will be that step nearer to achieving what you are after.

No comments: