Thursday 29 January 2009

Heed the warning signs!!


Yesterday, I had to take my car to the garage to have the cam belt changed. I'd been holding off, as to me, a non-mechanical sort of person, it seemed like a waste of money! It was going to cost me over £300, for something that, at the time, didn't seem like I needed.
(Supposedly the cam belt, or timing belt, has a lot to do with the running of the engine, and the valve system?! Who know's I'm just a PT?!)
However, I was already 8,000 miles and a couple of years over the recommended time for changing it, so felt now was as good a time as any!
If the cam belt snaps, I've heard that the damage to the engine can often be beyond repair - so with this in the back of my mind, I collected the car and paid my money.

Driving home, the car felt, and drove no better, and part of me thought, "What a waste of £300!", but looking logically, it was overdue, needed to be done, and if it had snapped, I would be looking at a much larger bill!

If you compare this with your exercise and nutrition regime, there could be comparisons.

Sometimes you may think, "oh it won't matter if I have this cake today, or take-away meal tonight, it won't do that much harm", but if you don't pay attention to your intake on a regular basis, it WILL mount up and eventually YOU WILL pay the price!
Yes, you can get away with things for a short period of time, but keep pushing the risks, or don't pay attention to the warning signs, and the end cost could be a big shock, and something you weren't planning for.

Be it eating too many, or the wrong type of calories, or performing exercises incorrectly, or with bad posture, the bad side of things will catch with you in the end!

No comments: